II. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information and What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Information about you when you actively provide it to us, such as by completing an online form, signing up to receive communications from us, or submitting employment inquiries. We also automatically collect some information, which may be Personal Information, from the computer or other device you use to connect to the Sites, as described further below. In addition, we may collect Personal Information about you from other sources, such as our business partners; the Internet, including social media websites; the press or other print media; and other organizations or individuals as permitted under applicable law. Listed below are the types of Personal Information that we may collect or may have collected about you within the past 12 months. Some of these types of information may not be Personal Information, depending on other information we have access to about you. Each type of information listed below is Personal Information only if the information 2identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
- Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, or phone number; and if you are applying for a job, your birth date, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- “Customer Records” information (some of which may be identifiers or professional/employment-related information as well), such as your name, address, and telephone number.
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services you have purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as your browsing history, search history, and related information on your interactions with our Sites.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your current or past job history, if you are applying for a job with us.
- Personal characteristics that are related to classifications legally protected from discrimination, such as race, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, age and gender -- if you are applying for a job with us.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, such as a summary we might make based on your apparent intelligence, abilities and aptitudes, if you are applying for a job with us.
We use Google Analytics http://www.google.com/analytics/ to help us monitor performance and usage patterns on the Sites.
For further information about the collection and use of data through Google Analytics, see:
Google offers the ability to opt out of tracking through Google Analytics cookies; to learn about this, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout In this way, Google Analytics honors “do-not-track” requests.
III. Our Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information; How We Use the Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect from you for a variety of purposes permitted by law, including:
- To communicate with you, to respond to your inquiries, and to fulfill your requests.
- To provide you with information about our products and services, and to provide you with our products and services.
- To improve the content of the Sites, and for data analyses, product development, marketing, personnel recruitment, and market research purposes.
- To prevent fraud, including by confirming your identity.
- To maintain and upgrade the security of any data or information collected about you and other individuals.
- For risk management and legal and ethical compliance purposes, including to comply with law enforcement and other legal processes.
- For any other purpose about which we inform you at or before the time the Personal Information is collected from you.
IV. How We May Share Personally Identifiable Information
We may share the Personal Information we collect as follows:
- With our service providers, whom we engage to assist us with technology support, operational support, and other forms of assistance, including, but not limited to, to conduct background checks and medical clearances on job applicants.
- With our customers and partner providers, including U.S. Government agencies, to conduct various checks, including background checks on individuals who may assist us in performing our contracts with such customers and internal eligibility searches.
- In the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our companies or their assets: with the proposed or actual acquiring party or assignee.
- As we believe to be appropriate: (i) when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Sites, including this Policy; (v) to protect and defend our rights and property; (vi) to protect our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain -- all to fulfill our legal obligations and to protect our legal rights.
- With any other persons or entities for any purpose to the extent we have obtained your consent to such sharing before the time the Personal Information is shared.
- Absent your consent, we will not sell your Personal Information or share your Personal Information with non-affiliated entities for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes. We may aggregate your Personal Information with that of others and, to the extent the aggregation de-identifies the information such that it is no longer Personal Information, we may use and share the de-identified data for any purpose, without limitation.
V. Data Retention; Security
We will retain Personal Information about you for the period necessary for us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect Personal Information as outlined in this Policy. We endeavor to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect the Personal Information we maintain within our organization.
VI. Updates to Your Personal Information
If you would like us to update any Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may contact us through one of the means listed in the “How to Contact Us” section at the end of this Policy.
VIII. Site Use Limitations and International Data Transfers
Our Sites are not directed to users under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from any person we know to be under the age of 13. Most of our Sites are designed for users from, and are controlled and operated by us from, the United States. By using our Sites, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
IX. Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may provide links to third-party websites. When you click on one of these links, you will be accessing content that is not subject to this Policy. We are not responsible for the information-collection practices of any unaffiliated third-party websites that you visit. We encourage you to review such websites’ privacy policies before you provide them with any Personal Information.
X. California Residents’ Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We honor those rights, as described below, and we are prohibited by law from discriminating against you for exercising any of those rights.
A. Right to Know
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, why we collected it, and the categories of third parties (excluding service providers) with whom we have shared the Personal Information during the past 12 months. (See below on “How to Submit a Request.”) You may request that we provide a description of the categories of Personal Information we have collected (a “Categories Request”), or request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected (a “Specific Pieces Request.”) If you wish to make a Categories Request, you will need to provide us with at least two data elements specific to you, such as your cell phone number and email address (depending on the data elements we already maintain about you), so that we can verify your identity. After we confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you (e.g., social media websites, government records available to the public, etc.).
- Our purpose(s) for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties (other than service providers), if any, with whom we shared the Personal Information.
If you make a Specific Pieces Request, before we respond, we need to be sure we have verified your identity with great certainty to safeguard your privacy. In order to verify your identity, you will need to provide to us at least three data elements specific to you, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. After we confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you that you requested.
B. Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained. We are not obligated to comply with your request if we have a legal basis to retain the Personal Information. As with a Categories Request, if you make a request for us to delete Personal Information, you will need to provide us with at least two data elements specific to you so that we can verify your identity. Once we receive and confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request (see below on “How to Submit a Request”), we will inform you whether we have deleted (and have directed our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, or whether we are declining to grant your request to delete due to an exception to the CCPA deletion requirements.
If you are employed by or seeking employment with GWFS, Ellipse, or any of their affiliates whose websites also link to this Policy, the CCPA currently does not provide you with a “right to know” or “right to request deletion” of your Personal Information. The CCPA also does not provide you with those rights if you are representing, either as an employee, contractor, director, or other representative, an organization (company, partnership, sole proprietorship, etc.) that is exploring or engaging in a business-to-business transaction with GWFS, Ellipse, or any of their affiliates whose websites also link to this Policy.
D. How to Submit a Request
To request access to or deletion of your Personal Information as described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
calling us at our Privacy Rights toll-free number:
- For GWFS: (800) 458-8061
- For Ellipse: (800) 458-8061
sending us an email at:
You may make a request on your own behalf, and if you are the parent or guardian of a minor child, you also may make a request related to your child’s Personal Information. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please provide us with a signed declaration stating that your intent is to permit that individual to act on your behalf and include such individual’s full name, address, email address, and phone number. That way we will be sure you have fully authorized us to act in accordance with the requests of that individual.
As indicated above, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized disclosure or deletion at the request of someone other than you or your legal representative, we require verification of your identity before granting a request for disclosure or deletion of your Personal Information. We take special precautions to help ensure this. We cannot respond to any such request if we cannot verify your identity and authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. To the extent we need to collect any Personal Information in order to verify your identity or authority to make the request, we will use that information only to conduct such verification.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you in writing of the reason(s) and the number of additional days we need to respond.
XI. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please send an email to:
Or write to us at:
- GardaWorld Federal Services
- 1760 Old Meadow Road
- Suite 400
- McLean, VA 22102
- Attention: Mark DeWitt, Chief Legal Officer
- Incident Catering/OK’s Cascade
- 1429 Avenue D
- Suite 166
- Snohomish, WA 98290
- Attention: Mark DeWitt, Chief Legal Officer